We are pleased to share that the alpha release of Router Protocol’s CrossTalk is out now along with the developer documentation. CrossTalk will empower developers to transcend their applications to different chains and build for a truly cross-chain future.
CrossTalk is an extensible library that enables generic messages and state transitions between different chains in a secure and seamless manner. The library is plug-and-play and gives your smart contract the ability to communicate with another smart contract that is deployed on a different chain. This capability is the core of every cross-chain communication protocol and now, with one simple call, you can have this ingrained in your dev environments.
With CrossTalk, you can:
- Build native cross-chain applications
- Port a single chain DApp to multiple chains
- Launch chain agnostic NFTs
- Integrate a cross-chain bridge on your platform.
- Create stablecoins with built-in cross-chain capabilities
- Hold cross-chain governance in your existing DApp
To enable cross-chain communication, CrossTalk leverages the infrastructure of Router Protocol by interfacing with its 3 components:
- Generic Handler: This is used for mapping and unmapping cross-chain contracts and handling all cross-chain requests.
- Bridge Contract: It keeps a record of all the incoming cross-chain transactions and executes all outgoing cross-chain transactions based on the voting process.
- Relayer/Validator Module: It constantly listens for incoming deposit records across multiple chains and performs validation and execution of proposals on the specified destination chain.
Using the CrossTalk library is as easy as integrating with any solidity contract. As a developer, you can develop your first cross-chain contract in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Initialize the contract
Step 2: Set the linker address
Step 3: Set the fee token address
Learn how to execute these steps, invoke functions from the CrossTalk library, and much more from our documentation, now live at: https://dev.routerprotocol.com/crosstalk-library/overview
Currently, we are conducting a comprehensive security audit of CrossTalk (as mentioned here.)
However, with the Alpha release of CrossTalk, the developer in you has the distinct prerogative to start building on CrossTalk for dev environments.
We don’t suggest using CrossTalk in the production environments with real assets yet — as the code is still being audited. We are burning midnight’s oil to launch CrossTalk in production soon though.
We are extending an invitation to every Web 3.0 developer to join our development community on Discord and test CrossTalk’s functionalities and deploy cross-chain DApps seamlessly.
So don’t wait and join us and our community of pioneers to create a chain agnostic future of Web 3.0.
About Router Protocol
Router Protocol is building a suite of cross-chain infra primitives that aims to enable blockchain interoperability between current and emerging Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains.
Telegram announcements: https://t.me/router_ann