Router Protocol: Development Update (June 15)
Last week updates
- Testing for the Router staking contracts, 1inch integration was completed.
- Fee module upgrades — the changes on the contract and the bridge were completed.
- JS SDK — development has been completed for this. We are now creating documentation posts in which developers can start integrating our JS SDK to provide cross-chain swaps on their websites
- Improvements were made in the cross-chain swap APIs for providing more details in the response
- There were some modifications done on the contracts to support better tracking for transactions via widgets.
This week’s focus
- Integration of curve AMM-like implementations on our pathfinder to give more optimizations on the prices.
- Improvement on Router Crosstalk — we are working on an advanced feature on router crosstalk that will allow users to sequence their fund transfer and instruction transfers.
- Same chain with different recipient addresses will be integrated on the UI and tested and released on the Router app.
- Voting optimization — we continue to focus on optimizing our voting mechanism with a focus on reducing the overall voting cost and making it more scalable for being able to add more validators in the future for the voting on the destination chain. This is a longer project and is expected to take around 2.5–3 months to complete.
Router CrossTalk (Solidity SDK) progress
- Fix some of the issues reported by auditors. Post this the crosstalk SDK will be made live on the mainnet in the upcoming week on all chains.
Audit & Security Updates
- We have received the final reports for the audit from the Hacken team. We are in the process of implementing the suggestions for them. Once the review is completed, we will open them up for a bigger audience. The reports include — bridge integration tests and audit, staking audit, and crosstalk audit.
- Audit firm Oak security has started with the audit of the Router Protocol bridge and staking contracts. The audits from Oak are of additional nature and the deployments won’t be blocked on this audit.
- We have also engaged an individual brilliant smart contract auditor who is helping us significantly upgrade our security. The auditor prefers to remain anonymous.
- We have also initiated conversations with multiple web2 security firms for auditing and securing components like our widget.
Router team made tremendous efforts networking with the Web3 community at Consensus 2022. Lakshika, Suresh, and Abhishek represented Router Protocol at Consensus and connected with many potential partners of Router Protocol’s various offerings like Widget and CrossTalk. Significant interest from NFT projects in integrating Router library was noticed to allow easier minting.
$ROUTE token was listed at Huobi — which is one of the top global exchanges. The volumes there have been very high and our token is now reaching new communities. Ramani and Priyeshu appeared on Huobi Live and talked in-depth about Router Protocol.
Ramani also did a tweet-storm about the current macro-situation in the markets and the highlight of it was that Router Protocol is still strong and hiring when many firms are going underwater.
TitanDAO integrated Router’s widget to buy Titan tokens from their website homepage. Perp.com now shows Router Protocol as an option when depositing USDC. We are working with multiple projects who have expressed interest in building on top of CrossTalk.
Router’s voyage ended with top three traders trading over $50 million in just one week
About Router Protocol
Router Protocol is building a suite of cross-chain liquidity infra primitives that aims to seamlessly provide bridging infrastructure between current and emerging Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchain solutions.
Telegram announcements: https://t.me/router_ann