Router Protocol: Development Update (June 8)
Last week updates
- Harmony and Cronos launched on Mainnet. Graphs for these chains were integrated to support the Router explorer for these chains.
- Integration of staking contracts on the Router UI is complete — we are now testing the same.
- Fee module upgrades — we are in the process of making our fee module for token swaps more robust and dynamic. The contract changes are near completion and we will be testing them in the coming week.
- Aurora chain integration testing has been completed. Will be launched on mainnet in upcoming weeks. The exact date is to be disclosed soon.
- 1inch integration has been tested for 3 chains and will be made live by next week. Other chains will be tested and launched in the upcoming week.
This week’s focus
- JS SDK — continued effort on JS SDK which will allow projects to integrate cross-chain swaps/transfers from their applications
- Testing for following integrations — Fee module upgrades, staking contract on Router UI, Dynamic gas price module integration, 1inch integration for remaining chains.
- Integration of curve AMM-like implementations on our pathfinder to give more optimizations on the prices.
- More logging and optimizations are being done on the DevOps side.
- Voting optimization — we continue to focus on optimizing our voting mechanism with a focus on reducing the overall voting cost and making it more scalable for being able to add more validators in the future for the voting on the destination chain. This is a longer project and is expected to take around 2.5–3 months to complete.
Router CrossTalk (Solidity SDK) progress
- We are currently working on an enhancement that will allow projects to transfer funds and instructions and sequence them in the order they want. This will be particularly useful for Defi projects which want to go cross-chain as they can make sure that funds are moved across chains and then the instruction is executed.
- We have received the final reports for the audit from the Hacken team. We are in the process of reviewing them. Once the review is completed, we will open them up for the bigger audience. The reports include — bridge integration tests and audit, staking audit, and crosstalk audit.
Last week we announced the launch of Voyage 2.0. With only 4 days left in this edition, it has already surpassed the milestones we achieved in Voyage 1.0 by a significant margin. So if you haven’t joined us on the voyage of conducting cross-chain journeys till now, this is your time to join our community of #voyagers and get a chance to win rewards up to 10,000 $ROUTE
Last month we also initiated a governance proposal giving our community the power to decide the next two networks that should be integrated into our messaging mesh. Based on their votes, the two networks were Harmony and Cronos.
This week we integrated both Harmony and Cronos into our messaging mesh. The mainnet is currently live at: https://app.routerprotocol.com/
We also initiated the Governance vote for Router NFT; a crowdsourced project we launched last month. It is now concluded at : https://t.co/cPCF3hyR6I .
The governance vote concluded with Router Rabbit taking the lead. While the results for the first three positions were chosen by the community governance, the rest will be chosen by the team. The results will likely be shared next week.
This week Router Protocol also got listed on the DeBridges Platform. DeBridges is an aggregator for all Blockchain bridges, with their reviews and ratings from the community!
And finally, Router Protocol’s native token $ROUTE is now listed on Huobi Global. Look out for the trading pair of ROUTE/USDT at: https://www.huobi.com/en-us/market/chart/?s=route_usdt#exchange
With more than half a year left, we can’t contain our excitement for the developments we have in store for our community.
About Router Protocol
Router Protocol is building a suite of cross-chain infra primitives that aims to enable blockchain interoperability between current and emerging Layer 1 and Layer 2 blockchains.
Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/router_ann